This plugin will be most helpful for e-Commerce stores in Europe as many countries in the union require the cancellation or GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) policy to be displayed as a separate checkbox and agree by the customer before placing the order.
Linking an optional page to the additional term’s notice will allow you to present customers with Additional Terms and Conditions to accept during checkout. “Terms” open up on the page when the link is clicked, and customers can review without leaving checkout. As an example, you may want to include a cancellation policy and ask customers to agree to it before placing the order.
If the checkbox is not checked and the customer attempts to place an order, an alert box will be shown that prevents them from moving forward.
The plugin setup is minimal and requires no knowledge of HTML or CSS. It could not be simpler.
- PHP version 7.2 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater or MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- WordPress version 5.0 or greater.
- WooCommerce version 3.4 or greater.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of the plugin, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “Woo Additional Terms”, then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found the plugin, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
The manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
How do I add the additional checkbox to the checkout page?
- Log into your WordPress website dashboard.
- Add a new page ie. “EU Terms and Conditions” with your details.
- Navigate to “WooCommerce” » “Settings” » “Additional Terms” tab and select the page you created in step 2.
Does this plugin supports WPML?
Yes. The plugin is translation-ready and has a config file to support both WPML and Polylang plugins fully.
How do I get help with the plugin?
The easiest way to receive support is to “Create a new topic” by visiting Community Forums page here.
Make sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” checkbox to receive notifications, as soon as a reply posted to your question or inquiry.
Please note that this is an opensource 100% volunteer project, and it’s not unusual to get reply days or even weeks later.
Can I help in translating this plugin into a new language?
The plugin is fully translation-ready and localized using the GNU framework, and translators are welcome to contribute to the plugin.
Here’s the WordPress translation website →
How do I contribute to this plugin?
We welcome contributions in any form, and you can help reporting, testing, and detailing bugs.
Here’s the GitHub development repository →
Did you like the idea behind this plugin?
Please share your experience by leaving this plugin 5 shining stars if you like it, thanks!
I need help customizing this plugin?
Professional engineer and independent creative technologist in tech · over 6 years experience working from prototype to production · developing WordPress products, services, and eCommerce solutions.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Woo Additional Terms” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.6
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.8
- Multiple code standards improvements.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.4
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.3
- Display the acceptance of terms & conditions on the order edit page.
- Additional terms content can now open up on the page when the link is clicked, and customers can review without leaving checkout.
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.2.0
- Added language configuration file to support WPML/Polylang.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.4.1
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.1.1
- Multiple code standards improvements.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.4.0
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.0.1
- Updated language file.
- Refactored and re-organized underlying code in plugin settings page/ controls.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.3.1
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.8.1
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9.6
- Compatible with WordPress 3.4.2
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7.0
- Compatible with WordPress 2.6.9
- Added screenshots.
- Initial release.