Create great looking documentation for your products. Organize your product documentation in your site, beautifully!
You can host docs inside your WordPress, create/add new docs, organize with ordering, tags and even fetch docs from external sites using this plugin.
This plugin is extremely handy for delivering long and detailed documentation of your WordPress product / plugin by bundling this with it.
weDocs makes browsing and creating documentation a fresh and streamlined experience within the familiarity of your WP environment.
This may have bugs and lack of many features. If you want to contribute on this project, you are more than welcome. Please fork the repository from Github.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
What is Appsero
weDocs uses Appsero SDK to collect some telemetry data upon user’s confirmation. This helps us to troubleshoot problems faster & make product improvements.
Appsero SDK does not gather any data by default. The SDK only starts gathering basic telemetry data when a user allows it via the admin notice. We collect the data to ensure a great user experience for all our users.
Integrating Appsero SDK DOES NOT IMMEDIATELY start gathering data, without confirmation from users in any case.
Learn more about how Appsero collects and uses this data.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“weDocs – Knowledgebase and Documentation Plugin for WordPress” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
“weDocs – Knowledgebase and Documentation Plugin for WordPress” is vertaald in 12 talen. Dank voor de vertalers voor hun bijdragen.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
v1.7.1 (15th November, 2021)
- Fix: Upgraded to SweetAlert2 version 11.1.10
- Fix: Links in the heading (h1, h2, h3) are now hidden on printing mode
v1.7 (3rd September, 2021)
- New: Added Astra theme support. Single docs pages were narrow in width before, now it’ll be full page width.
v1.6.3 (28th July, 2021)
- Enhancement: WordPress 5.8 compatibility.
- Enhancement: Few modal texts were not translated properly, that is fixed now.
v1.6.2 (2nd Sep, 2020)
- Fix: Fix REST API permission callback issue in WP 5.5.
v1.6.1 (5th June, 2020)
- New: Load CSS and JS files only for Docs. Fixes #104
- Fix: Added missing textdomains. Fixes #105
- Fix: Fix search API. Was breaking due to namespace issue with WP_Query. Fixes #108
v1.6 (8 April, 2020)
- New: Added expanding functionality for nested docs in the frontend. From the single doc, you’ll be able to see all documentation by clicking on the toggle icon from the sidebar.
- Refactor: The plugin has been refactored to use PHP Namespacing. Now the plugin code is more organized.
- Other: Added Appsero SDK to collect telemetry data.
v1.5 (11 July, 2019)
- New: Added REST API support
- New: Added comment support in single docs
v1.4.1 (26 August, 2018)
- Fix: Updated Vue.js version to 2.5.16 and added minified version as well.
v1.4 (25 August, 2018)
- New: Added new shortcode attribute (
items) to limit no. of items shown. #59
- New: Added a new filter
wedocs_email_feedback_tofor outgoing mail to address. #63
- New: Added theme wrapper support. Now developers will be able to put dynamic start and end divs and tags in the
- New: Show 3rd level doc in the admin UI builder.
- New: Added automatic anchor tags in docs for
h3tags. Bookmarking is now very easy! Thanks to anchorjs.
- Fix: Bug with quotes in the doc title. #66
- Improved: Flush rewrite rules after plugin activates. Fixes the long time permalink issues with 404.
- Improved: Disable page scrolling when the feedback modal is open.
v1.3.3 (8 November, 2017)
- Improved: Proper user roles/permission checking when creating and deleting a doc. Previously, everyone who could access the UI, could create and delete any doc. No user capability checking was done previously, this version fixes the issue.
v1.3.2 (15 October, 2017)
- Fix: Remove WPUF dependency on weForms upsell
- New: Show docs and taxonomy in REST API. Fixes #44
- New: List child articles if present in single doc. Fixes #34
- New: Added page-atrribute support for the Docs post type. Now you can change the doc parent from the single docs edit page.
- Improved: Upgrade Vue to 2.5.1 from 1.0.16
- Improved: Every user should see the switch to classic UI url
v1.3.1 (24 August, 2017)
- [improve] Added weForms reference
v1.3 (21 August, 2017)
- [fix] Add missing text domains and Qtranslate support on doc feedback email
- [fix] Moved final breadcrumb echo out of if parent clause and removed resultant excess delimiter. #23
- [fix] Translate the send button. #38
- [fix] Printing timeout extended to 2 seconds
- [fix] Wrong tag post_type linking in edit-tags.php in admin. #40
- [improve] Added filter on wedocs post type
- [new] Added Spanish language (#37)
- [new] Added docs page settings, removed post archive. Added settings “Docs Home” to use it in breadcrumb as Docs home. Created the docs page on activation if not exits.
- [new] Added filter
wedocs_breadcrumbs_htmlto customize breadcrumb HTML
- [new] Added
wedocs_get_publish_cap()function for dynamic role binding on admin menu, pending post status support. #42
v1.2.1 (1 November, 2016)
- [fix] Auto print dialog missed
v1.2 (1 November, 2016)
- [new] Added print option
- [new] Contact modal
- [new] Responsiveness
- [new] Microdata implementation (schema.org)
- [new] Last updated date
- [new] Settings page
v1.1 (24 October, 2016)
- SKIPPED VERSION due to release mistake
v1.0 (24 October, 2016)
- [new] Added Persian language
- [new] Add french translation, responsiveness and QtranslateX full support
- [fix] Attach $event object to addArticle method
- [fix] Typo in the key name (causes a PHP notice on line 111
v0.1 (2 march, 2016)
- Initial release