This plugin creates a video-gallery for youtube- or vimeo-videos or direct video-file-links by simply defining the gallery with shortcodes.
The Videos will be opened in a lightbox.
By default the “PhotoSwipe“-Lightbox of Dmitry Semenov is used.
(at the moment it is the only one)
This plugin is really simple and clean designed to be easily extendable.
* there is a “src/VideoProvider”-directory where every Video-Platform (like youtube or vimeo) is defined in an own php-class implementing a class-interface.
* there is a “src/Lightbox”-directory where every lightbox is defined in an own php-class, implementing a class-interface
* there is a “src/Shortcodes”-directory where the “[video-gallery]”-Shortcode is defined – that is where the magic happenes – but there is no need to edit this file.
Parameters and video-provider-specific specials
All parameters – general parameters and also video-provider-specific parameters are set directly in the [[video-gallery]]-Shortcode.
name of the lightbox-class that should be used
use youtube-nocookie.com instead of youtube.com in video-links to be GDPR(DSGVO)-save
In vimeo the preview-image-URL doesn’t use the video-ID – so you need to make an API-request to get the image-URL.
In this API-call we also get the original title of the video.
For this reason we need the php CURL extension.
The thumbnail will be taken from the API-response.
When no manual video-title is defined, the video-provider-class uses also the original video-title from API-response automaticly.
Extending the Plugin
You can easily extend the Plugin by writing your own classes for Video-Platforms or other Lightboxes – you just have to implement the Interfaces.
- Upload this plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/video-link-gallerydirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- now you can use the [video-gallery]-Shortcode as descripted!
- My Video is not listed in the thumb-gallery – what am I doing wrong?
Let me take my crystal ball:
– Maybe you have a typo in your video-definition?
– Or you might have a closing square bracket in your video-title that is confusing my regular-expression?!
- How can I extend the plugin to support more video-plattforms?
You just have to copy-and-edit a given (or create a new) VideoProvider-Class. The VideoProvider-Class MUST implement the VideoProviderInterface.
To get a faster and more clean result you SHOULD also use the VideoProviderAbstract class to extend from that
– so you don’t have to write some methods that are identical in most cases a second time.
- How can I extend the plugin to support more lightboxes?
You just have to copy-and-edit a given (or create a new) Lightbox-Class. The Lightbox-Class MUST implement the LightboxInterface.
The Lightbox-Class creates the html-code for thumbnails and also the lightbox itself.
In future versions it’s also planned to decouple this a little bit… but at the moment it was the simplest way to implement the lightbox.
- How can I change the lightbox
There is a parameter “lightbox” – for more details: see Parameters-section in description
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Video-Link-Gallery” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- de-couple VideoGallery-Shortcode from VideoProviders
- make plugin ready for wordpress-plugin-directory
- small bugfix in Youtube-VideoProvider: choosen PreviewImage-URL was not always available.
- initial released version after a few days of development