Toocheke Companion Website: Toocheke Companion
Looking to publish your comics on your WordPress website? Toocheke Companion adds to your WordPress theme, the ability to create and manage your comic posts. You can now add the ability to diplay comics to almost any WordPress theme. Works best with the Toocheke WordPress theme.
- Ability to display comics posts in any theme.
- Easy customization with a variety of color schemes.
- Different layout options for the comic page on desktops and other larger devices.
- Mobile device-friendly(responsive) page layout
- Responsive comic(display one version of the comic for desktops and another version for mobile devices)
- Optimized for the webtoon/vertical scroll format comics
- Thumbnail navigation of the comic archive
- Segment your comics into chapters
- Add character and location tags for each of your comics
- Social share buttons
- Publish multiple comic series
- Age verification for NSFW comics.
- Four comic archive layout options(Thumnail list, Text list, Calendar & Gallery)
- Customizable comic navigation buttons
- Supports like functionality for comics.
- Supports bookmarking of comics.
- Supports tracking of post views with a top ten feature.
- Supports bilingual comics.
- Can show comic archive as an infinite scroll(lazy load).
Licenses & Credits
- Font Awesome Free 5.8.1 by @fontawesome is licensed under (Icons: CC BY 4.0, Fonts: SIL OFL 1.1, Code: MIT License) https://fontawesome.com/license/free
- Gamajo_Template_Loader by Gary Jones licensed to use under the GPL-2.0 and later license (https://github.com/GaryJones/Gamajo-Template-Loader)
- In your admin panel, go to the Plugins > Add New page.
- Just do a search for Toocheke Companion and the first result should be the one you’re looking for.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new plugin right away.
Displaying Comics Posts on Any Theme
Toocheke Companion comes with built in features that can transform just about any WordPress theme into a webcomic publishing platform. All that is required is creating a page and adding your choice of comic related shortcodes. The following is a list features available with their corresponding shortcodes.
- Display a list of the comic “Series” in a grid layout with thumbnail images.
- Display a list of the comic “Chapters” in a grid layout with thumbnail images.
- Display a list of the latest six “Chapters” in a grid layout with thumbnail images.
- Display the first comic post with comic navigation buttons.
- Display the latest comic post with comic navigation buttons.
- Display a list of the latest comics with pagination.
- Display a list of top ten comics.
- Display a comic archive in a variety of formats(text list, thumbnail list, thumbnail gallery and calendar).
Display the comic’s characters.
Go to your settings -> permalinks and just click save, this will flush out your old permalinks settings.
Where can I get help with Toocheke Companion?
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Toocheke Companion” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
* Fixed bulk edit of Patreon level.
* Fixed shortcodes parameters.
* Thumbnail archive fix.
* Fix for comic navigation for latest comic shortcode.
* Added shortcode support for series navigation.
* Added shortcode for displaying first comic.
* WordPress update compatibility.
* Fixed call to function error.
* Added mobile device image option for series posts
* Renaming of functions
* Added support for displaying comic posts in any theme.
* Added taxonomy cloud support for Comic tags, locations & characters.
* Added ordering option for Collections
* Handling empty string for audio metabox
* Added ordering option for the comic slider navigation.
* Infinite scroll of comic archive on home page.
- Added notice for ComicPress to Comic Easel migration.
- Added support for post views.
- Added option to enable blog post listing on series landing page.
- Added option to allow discussion on comic posts on the home page.
- Streamlined option menu by adding tabs.
- Update to functionality for clicking to the next comic.
- Added support for navigating to the next comic on clicking a comic’s image
- Support for background image on series page template
- Support for background color on series page template
- Add publicize support on comic posts for JetPack
- Setting the first comic order for chapter links
- Ordering of comic series
- Fixed bookmark nav function
- Copy update on options page
- Added support for comic navigation buttons above the comic(traditional layouts)
- Added bookmark menu item for navigation bar
- Fixed missing toocheke_image_click_message function
- Added support for bilingual comic
- Updated hide/display blog feature
- Added option to hide or display blog posts
- Added support for keyboard navigation of comics
- Fixed thumbnail image column in admin
- Added option to display/hide comic analytics
- Added featured image column
- Added likes feature
- Fixed Comic Archive Layout option dropdown
- Add feature to allow for disabling of the click to enlarge image on comic images.
- Fixed age verification bug.
- Changed image link filtering to comic pages only.
- Support for editing patreon in bulk.
- Removing image link from comic images.
- Age verification for NSFW comics.
- Added option to display list of all comics on multiple series home page.
- Support for custom social buttons
- Ability to hide/show random button
- Fixed comic’s blog post editor to allow for paragraphs.
- Changed positioning of desktop comic and blog editor fields
- Adding series to quick and bulk edit
- Removed comic paragraph
- Added support for swipe navigation like Instagram
- Updated comments form
- Updated icons
- Fixed comments URL
- Making menu visible to editor roles
- Added new files
- Added series feature
- Centralized all Toocheke menus under one main menu
- Changed input type for chapter order
- Validation of collections and chapters
- Removed old navigation icons
- Changed default image for comic navigation
- Setting default comic navigation option
- Added media js
- Added functionality for changing comic navigation
- Updated icon
- Updated icon
- Updated icon
- Fixed resources path
- Added some plugin options
- Consolidated option pages into one
- Added plugin icon
- Fixed enqueue character image script bug
- Updated enqueue character image script
- Fixed character image bug
- Added character image
- Added character page
- Changed description field to WYSIWYG taxonomy
- Added comic sorting option
- Fixed audio save bug
- Added audio to comic post type.
- Comic Blog Editor
- Comic Easel bulk import – fixed variable declaration.
- Comic Easel bulk import – fixed SQL query.
- Comic Easel bulk import – switched from WP function to SQL query.
- Fixed Comic Easel bulk import.
- Updated Comic Easel fixed bulk import.
- Updated Comic Easel import functionality incase it fails during bulk import.
- Updated Comic Easel import functionality
- Added option for adding a blog post within the comic
- Added option for two versions of the comic on each post
- Fixed saving bug for collections and chapters
- Added comic collections taxonomy
- Added social share sub-menu to comics main menu
- Added instructions for comic easel import
- Fix imported comic layout
- Added import for comic easel
- Updated post type for comic
- Changed post type for comic
- Added default image settings
- Updating comic number
- Added social sharing for comic pages
- Bug fix for toocheke_rewrite_flush