This plug-in replaces the built-in “Import from URL” media upload tab to allow you to download an image from a remote URL into the WordPress media gallery. Thumbnails for the remote image are created locally, and after upload you are able to add custom media attributes (like caption, title) and insert the image into your blog post.
How to Find the Plugin:
- When editing a post, click “Add Media”
- Then select “Save & Import from URL”: If your window is large, this is in the sidebar on the left. If your window is small, you need to select the drop down menu where “Insert Media” is preselected.
List of Features:
- Directly include a remote image into a blog post without having to save it to your computer locally
- Be a better internet citizen: avoid hotlinking images with ease!
- Rename image after download
- Full integration with media library – including creation of thumbnail images
- Builds on the idea of the Grab & Save plugin, but compatible with WordPress 4.2+ and support for thumbnails
- Free plugin brought to you by flexponsive
This plugin has no dependencies other than WordPress 4.2+ (although it may work with earlier versions, this is not tested).
For installation, follow the general plugin installation guidelines.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Save & Import Image from URL” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Vertaal “Save & Import Image from URL” naar jouw taal.
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
Bekijk de code, haal de SVN repository op, of abonneer je op het ontwikkellog via RSS.
0.7: Minor enhancements
- Note compatibility up to WordPress 4.7
- Add note how to find uploader
- If no “Save As” extension is specified, pick default from remote file
0.5: First public release