Donorbox is a powerful and secure donation management plugin for WordPress. We are the only donation plugin for WordPress that offers a fast feature-filled solution so anyone can raise funds.
If you’re looking for the best WordPress donation plugins that can substantially boost donor conversion and online donations, here’s where your search ends.
WHY USE DONORBOX
The Donorbox free plugin for WordPress will provide you with everything you need to embed a Donorbox donation form into your website. This free WordPress donation plugin will increase your donor conversion rates and recurring donations. We will generate all the embedding code for you.
Collect donations online with the best WordPress donation plugin now to take your fundraising to the next level. Here’s why you should be using Donorbox for accepting payments.
Fully Customizable Donation Forms
- Donorbox forms can be ready to deploy in 15 minutes and are even faster to fill in.
- You can embed the form or use it as a pop-up donation form to accept donations.
- Brand your fundraising campaign page with your own color scheme, styling, and logo.
- Create custom input fields to make your forms quick to complete. You can easily collect necessary info from donors.
- Insert custom donation amounts for donors to select by clicking or allow them to specify their own amount.
- Donorbox accepts multiple currencies via Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, and Google Pay. ACH payments and direct debit payments are also accepted. It’s a quick and easy checkout process.
- Collect donations and double them with our seamless employer donation matching feature.
- Our custom donation forms are localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese. You can set this manually or let it auto-detect.
- Other than this free WordPress plugin, Donorbox also offers Peer-to-Peer fundraising, Crowdfunding, Text-to-Give, Events, Memberships, and more
Share the Cause
- Embed our donation forms into your website. Or set a Donate button in your web pages and emails to deploy them as pop-ups.
- Accept donations from desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Monthly recurring donations are easily set up with 1 click.
- Every donation triggers an automatic personalized receipt email that you only need to set up once.
- Our payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, ensure a swift donation process. Most nonprofits have a PayPal account set up, so it should be easier for them to get started.
- After successful donations, donor records get created on your Donorbox account for easy donor management.
- Recurring donors get donor login details to manage their own details.
- Manage all donations right from the dashboard. Resend receipts, update donations even after they’ve been made, and refund donations, if needed.
- Export donation details as a CSV file, for any time period you want. Think tax season or financial year-end reporting.
- Add offline donations, like cash or checks, to your campaign so your records are accurate.
Donorbox also offers these optional integrations to add even more awesome features to your fundraising campaign:
- MailChimp: One of the world’s leading email marketing services.
- Employer Gift Matching: Raise double the donations
- Salesforce NPSP 3 Integration: A complete donor management solution to easily analyze your donor data and maintain positive relationships.
- Donorbox is fully PCI compliant and our data is protected by SSL/TLS technology.
- All credit card information is encrypted, tokenized, and stored securely by our payment gateway, Stripe. Payments are processed through Stripe and PayPal. We chose these payment gateways because they operate on the most stringent security protocols and are highly regarded for their data protection standards.
- We do not share client or donation information with any third party.
QUICK INSTALLATION GUIDE – How to Install Donorbox WordPress Donation Plugin
How To Embed Donorbox Donation Forms in your WordPress website
- To begin, go to your WordPress dashboard, find the “Plugins” tab on the left-hand sidebar and click “Add New”.
- In the WordPress plugin search bar, type “Donorbox” and press enter.
- Once you have found the Donorbox WordPress donation plugin, click “Install Now”.
- Once the plugin has been installed, click to activate it.
- Now, go to Donorbox.org. Click on https://donorbox.org/orgs/new and follow the easy instructions to register an Organisation account.
- Create a campaign form with our easy-to-use form builder.
- In your Donorbox dashboard, find the campaign you wish to embed on your WordPress website using the WordPress donation plugin and copy the link to the secure donation page.
- Head back to your WordPress dashboard and, in the left-hand sidebar, click on “Settings” and then “Donorbox”.
- Paste your campaign URL into the appropriate textbox and click “Save Changes”.
Go back to your WordPress page text editor (not the visual editor) of the donation page that you want to edit. Type in one of the following shortcodes to embed the donation form in your WordPress website using the donation plugin:
Publish your post and wait for your WordPress donations to come in!
If you still need help getting your form embedded, please see this guide: how to embed donation form using the Donorbox WordPress donation plugin or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to help get you going.
WHO USES DONORBOX
Donorbox helps over 50,000 nonprofit organizations from 40 countries accept donations for various causes. Universities, animal rescues, political campaigns, research, the possibilities are endless.
Our forms are not restricted to any industry or genre. That means anyone can create a Donorbox form. Whether you’re an individual hoping to make a difference or a multinational organization looking to raise funds, Donorbox can be the best WordPress donation plugin for you.
HERE’S WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT US
“Let’s Encrypt uses DonorBox because it is a convenient way for our supporters to contribute to our mission via credit card and it is affordable for us as a nonprofit. Donorbox has helped us increase the contributions we receive.”
Director of Communications at Let’s Encrypt
“Before using Donorbox we were constantly having problems with our online donation processing. Donors contacted us monthly having problems setting up their gifts. Since transitioning to Donorbox we have not had a single donor contact us saying they were having trouble setting up a gift. In fact, we’ve had several donors tell us how easy the new process is. The Donorbox team has been extremely responsive when we need help and have already implemented suggestions for future features. I have no hesitations recommending Donorbox to you.”
“We needed a straightforward solution to handle donations on our website and have them sync across to Salesforce. Enter Donorbox – a simple, easy to use and customisable donation solution with Salesforce integration. Set up was as simple as creating an account (and donation campaign), adding a plugin to our WordPress site and configuring the connection to Salesforce. Donorbox handles the rest. Support is always prompt to respond and provide helpful answers to our questions and queries. If you’re after a donation system for your website then we’d recommend you give Donorbox a go.”
DONORBOX FEES AND COMMISSION
Donorbox fees are the lowest of other funding platforms around. Donorbox is free to start and charges a small platform fee of 1.5% for the month’s donations. We charge no setup fee.
Check out our pricing guide for details of what your payment processing and Donorbox fees may look like.
Additionally, Stripe and PayPal merchant accounts charge 2.9% + $0.30 for credit card processing. These rates can be reduced for registered nonprofits by simply letting them know.
The optional product integrations are priced as follows:
- MailChimp Integration: $8 / month
- Employer Gift Matching: $40 / month
- Salesforce NPSP 3 Integration: $25 / month
CONNECT WITH DONORBOX
- Unzip the zipped file and upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Manage individual options from Dashboard > Settings > Donorbox
- After signing up on Donorbox.org, create a donation campaign from the dashboard.
- Paste in the Campaign url: [input box]
- Use the shortcode [donate] to embed the donation form. You can also use the shortcode [donate-with-info] which will include the campaign description and legal disclaimer that was on Donorbox.
- You can also set the URL from shortcode using [donate url=”https://donorbox.org/campaign-id”] or [donate-with-info url=”https://donorbox.org/campaign-id”]. This allows to set multiple forms for different campaigns.
- Please check our “Getting Started” guide for more details: https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/wordpress-embedding/
How do I start making a donation form?
The Donorbox form builder has been designed to make creating forms a very simple process. You don’t need to have any programming experience to create a Donorbox form. Find a complete guide here to create and customize your very own donation form: https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/get-started-with-donorbox/
Where can I get support for using Donorbox?
Donorbox has a handy selection of step-by-step guides on our blog: https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to email us at email@example.com. We’d love to help you get set up and ready to go.
The following is a guide to embedding a recurring donation form on WordPress: https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/wordpress-embedding
If you want to use a donate button or simply link to your donation page, follow these steps: https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/donate-now-button-for-nonprofits
How do I centre the donation widget on a WordPress site?
Placing the following CSS in one of your CSS files or within the page should make the donation widget display horizontally in the centre.
max-width: 425px !important;
How do I pre-fill fields in a WordPress Donorbox form?
Donorbox allows users to pre-fill some fields in the donation form, including amount. You can append field values as query parameters to the donation URL used with the shortcode. Pre-filling of the following fields are supported:
Additionally, you can set recurring=true to the have Monthly recurring option selected by default.
What is the shortcode I need to use?
Use the following shortcode in your posts / pages or the template file: [donate] or [donate-with-info]
The WordPress donation plugin will replace the shortcode with an embed frame using the settings provided in admin.
Where is the settings page?
Dashboard > Settings > Donorbox
How is Donorbox better than a form plugin for accepting donations via WordPress?
Donorbox can be the best WordPress donation plugin for you as it is designed to improve donor conversion rates. While form plugins are a great way to add general forms on websites and collect the needed information, they are not optimized for online fundraising.
Donorbox donation forms are multi-step, responsive forms, i.e a donor completes seamless donations in a few steps. Compared to other WordPress donation plugins, it can be customized to help offer a neat and fast donation experience.
Donorbox forms can be embedded directly anywhere on your website, as a pop-up donation form or as a Donate button. The optimization is proven to increase donor conversion.
Can I set up recurring donations with the Donorbox plugin?
Yes, you can accept weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring donations via Donorbox. Donorbox forms help increase your online donations by attracting and encouraging recurring donations.
To enable these recurring options, simply log into your Donorbox dashboard and click on “Edit Campaign”. Next, go to the Advanced tab of the form builder and check the boxes of the options you need, and uncheck the ones you don’t.
How do I eliminate the processing fees associated with WordPress donations?
Processing fees for your online donations cannot be eliminated however the best WordPress donation plugins will let you ask your donors to cover the processing fees, like Donorbox.
Can I translate Donorbox into my local language?
Donorbox donations forms are localized in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Chinese, Dutch and Swedish. Donorbox is used in over 40 countries.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Donorbox – Free Recurring Donation Plugin and Fundraising Platform” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
- Compatibiliy check with new wordpress version.
- Fix for possible XSS vulnerability.
- Updated quick installation video tutorial.
- Fix for deprecated screen_icon function.
- Added new integration tutorial.
- Pricing details update.
- Fix for XSS vulnerability with shortcodes.
- Fix to eliminate warning message if default parameters are not passed to the donation url.
- Fixes bug in setting default values with short code
- Google Pay for Donorbox
- Fix width issues on mobile devices when the description is enabled [donate-with-info].
- Support PHP strict standards.
- Multiple forms support for different campaigns.
- Pass campaign URL from shortcode.
- Widget height is dynamically calculated, therefore height input field has been removed.
- Embed code updated.
- Description updated.
- Updated the embed code to have min and max widths.
- Widget height customization option added.
- Tags updated.
- Short description updated.
- Instructions layout update.
- Settings page screenshot udpate.
- Initial Commit.