CommentBox.io is a privacy-conscious hosted commenting system. In direct contrast to Disqus, we don’t serve ads or mine user data. Our main goal is to provide an excellent commenting experience for both our customers and their end-users, with a philosophy of friendliness, transparency, and responsibility.
To learn more, check us out here.
- User-centric: Comments are our business. Not ads, not data. And no emails you didn’t ask for.
- Simple design: Clean, modern, and subtle enough to blend in with your aesthetic.
- Easy Moderation: Tame the wild west of internet comments with granular comment filters and user blocking.
- Reliable: Comments are saved in highly-available, multi-region storage.
- No lock-in: Export your comments on demand, directly from the dashboard.
- Extensible: Use webhooks to automatically send your comments anywhere.
- Comment or reply to comments using a subset of markdown.
- Vote comments up or down.
- Optionally be notified via email about replies to your comments.
- Optionally post comments anonymously.
- Flag improper comments to grab a moderator’s attention.
- Requires email login or convenient social login via Facebook, Twitter, and Google.
- Logins are preserved across websites, greatly reducing user friction.
- Moderators can pin comments to the top, delete comments, and block users directly from the plugin.
- Comments can either be automatically approved, require review, or be tested for review using granular filters.
- We can notify you of comments requiring moderation via email, slack, or custom webhooks.
- Search for and filter comments in the dashboard.
- Block users for a period of time or permanently.
If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com. A real human will reply!
- Go to Plugins > Add Plugin
- Search for CommentBox.io
- Click Install Now
- Activate the plugin
- On the sidebar, navigate to the new CommentBox.io option to open the WordPress settings page.
- Go to the CommentBox.io dashboard to sign up and create a project.
- Once the project is created, enter the project ID in the appropriate field in the WordPress settings page.
- Optionally customize the plugin, which you can read about here.
- Click Save, and the plugin will now be available wherever the original WordPress comment box previously appeared.
- Is CommentBox.io free?
We offer a free Personal plan with a 100 comment limit. We also offer a paid Professional plan with unlimited comments, for either $10 per month, or $100 per year.
- Is CommentBox.io compatible with WordPress comments and users?
We provide a way to import WordPress comments into CommentBox.io, which you can read about here. However, we do not link WordPress users to CommentBox.io users.
- Will I lose my comments if I deactivate or remove the plugin?
No, your comments are safely stored in our system and are only deleted if you explicitly choose to do so from our dashboard.
- Can I export all my comments?
Absolutely. You may do so at any time from our dashboard.
- Can I customize how the plugin looks?
We offer several customization options, which you can read about here.
Er zijn geen beoordelingen voor deze plugin.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“CommentBox.io Hosted Comments” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
Interesse in ontwikkeling?
- First release