Auto Hide Admin Bar makes the WordPress Toolbar disappear – and reappear when hovering the mouse pointer over the top of the browser window.
You end up with a clean view of your site, and keep having access to the WordPress Toolbar.
If you have any comments or questions, please use the support forum: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/auto-hide-admin-bar
auto-hide-admin-bardirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- We’re all done, now you have an auto hiding Toolbar.
Can this plugin be translated in my own language?
Sure, just go to https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/auto-hide-admin-bar and translate this plugin in your own language.
Bijdragers & ontwikkelaars
“Auto Hide Admin Bar” is open source software. De volgende personen hebben bijgedragen aan deze plugin.Bijdragers
- Gedrag van pijl veranderd. Er moet nu op worden geklikt om de werkbalk te tonen/verbergen en het heeft een beetje design liefde ontvangen.
- Removed console log lines.
- Updated donate link.
- Probleem opgelost met PHP 7.4.
- Removed Admin settings, since they were not used.
- Fixed checking for existing options values. Props: hanfox
- Added option to show an arrow when the toolbar is hidden. Link to suggestion
- Fixed SSL mixed content issue. Props: @steveec-1, topic: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ssl-mixed-content-9/
- Fixed issue when using Beaver Builder 2.x+.
- Fixed issue with keyboard shortcut labels. Please save your settings when the shortcut is not working.
- Fixed issue with keyboard shortcut not working. Key was not picked up correctly.
- Fixed issue with user roles.
- Fixed issue because of not checking for availability of variable.
- Added setting to disable the plugin for any available user role.
- Added keyboard shortcut setting. Now you can show and hide the Toolbar with a keyboard shortcut! Thanks for the feature request photoMaldives (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/very-useful-works-exactly-as-expected/).
- Added donate link as plugin actions. Want to donate? Go here: https://nostromo.nl/wordpress-plugins/auto-hide-admin-bar/
- Added donate link in plugin settings.
- Moved version number in plugin settings screen to bottom.
Thanks iCounsellorUK fro reporting this: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/assumes-jquery-loads-first/
- Fixed logged in detection, replaced test for class .logged-in to test for #wpadminbar, which is universal and dependent on theme developers.
Thanks wloske for this suggestion – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-working-for-me-140
- Added load_textdomain() function.
- Something went wrong in SVN, fixed it with this new commit.
- Internationalized the plugin, which was a good reason to increase version to 1.0 🙂
- Fixed ‘ReferenceError: adminBarIn is not defined’ bug
- Updated hoverIntent jQuery plugin to version 1.8.1
- Code will not execute when in WordPress customizer view, to prevent top of page cut-off
- Changed description.
- Moved settings page to settings menu.
- Minor code cleaning/reorganization.
- Fixed some typo’s in strings.
- Fixed the hidden div (the one that triggers te re-appearance of the Toolbar) to not be added on window resize. We only need one…
- Changed loading of scripts to wp_footer.
- Changed wrapping of jQuery anonymous function to use a document ready function to prevent compatibility issues.
- Replaced get_current_theme() with wp_get_theme(). Thanks to ElectricFeet via Support Forum; https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp_debug-gives-message-that-get_current_theme-is-deprecated
- Some CSS changes due to larger Toolbar in WordPress 3.8.
- Added option for hiding/showing the Toolbar on small screens.
- Added support for Twenty Fourteen. Need to think of a solid way to support themes with fixed headers/navigation. Tips are welcome.
- Removed external jQuery library.
- Added options page.
- Added options for animation speed, delay and mouse polling interval.
- Changed background-position to background-position-y, because of IE8 problem (of course…). Thanks to per (firstname.lastname@example.org) for submitting the bug, and the jQuery bugtracker for the hint: http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/11838
- Added style adjustment for body background.
- Switched wp_enqueue_script sequence for jquery and jquery.hoverintent due to problems.
- By request, added delay for showing/hiding the Admin Bar. A settings page will be included in the future.
- Changed position of hidden div to fixed, so the admin bar is showed also when you have scrolled down on your site.
- Changed jQuery enqueue manner. Now using the wp_print_scripts hook. Thanks to Ralph from zonebattler.net for mentioning this bug.
- Added – Only activate the plugin when a user is logged in.
- Added – wp_enqueue_script for jQuery.
- Initial Release.